Saturday, March 23, 2013

A year shorter






Last year, it was "how is it like to be 17?"

Seriously,I couldn't answer that since people was asking that question in like the first second of me being 17. Like I would feel any difference within me in one second.

Well not, after living my 17th year, being seventeen was like having a new freedom. It's not like you can watch adult-rated movies in the cinema or something but, it's like having your mind opened, by people. You could literally absorb anything and being vulnerable to everything. I'd had doubts on my own principles and wanting to get some freedom of what I wanted to do, and never wanted to be pressured to do anything. I wanted to try new things in life, saw people and be fascinated by them. And I wanted to be rebellious, not like doing drugs or getting my nose pierced or anything but I wanted to defy rules and see where my defiance would take me.

But of course you couldn't get anything you want. And yet, God seemed to have a better plan on my 17th year. Maybe, I wasn't all that rebellious but I was rebellious enough it costed my grades. But I experienced new things and seeing something from a different perspective. I learned something important, underneath of all that from what I did and it's enough for me. My 17th year was full of friendship, hard work and solidarity, which I wasn't expected to get. I got in in  a circle which I thought I wasn't belong to. I meet new people, whom I think I wouldn't know if I hadn't got in this unfamiliar territory. It was not as roller-coaster-ride as how people described on motion pictures, but I guess God defined roller-coaster-ride differently to me. And I was grateful I survived all that. I should say that being 17 have its own perks.

And since today, the question is, "what is it like to be 18?"  




No comments:

Post a Comment