Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pink Floyd Madness

Why are your songs in your playlist was from 30-years ago?

My friend asked me that in my post-school course and I remember not knowing how to answer. Then I  suddenly remember few days back, when i was so amazed by the pulse concert. Then my thought flew to 6th grade, when i was desperately trying to record both Happiest Days of Our Lives and Another Brick in the Wall Part II to my cellphone, which was impossible. Then I remember how Pink Floyd's songs are the  only thing I hear after getting bored of pop songs. I always come back listening to Pink Floyd because they've simply been there the rest of my life.


But it is, indeed, a heavy kinds of song. You have to replay the song over and over again to understand why Echoes takes 16:30 minutes. Or why On the Run was created. Or why The Great Gig in the Sky only consists of agonizing, melodious screams. Or the time when Any Colour You Like makes sense. But once you've get it, you simply can't brush them off.

Maybe it's because Pink Floyd appeared in the greatest moments of music, where there was tons of good bands and songs are created, where one simply creates a "whole" music, not just simply add raps into the song to improvise. Where musicality and what the song means matters. Or maybe it's because it's the band that I've known all of my life. So letting go of Pink Floyd is like letting go of your past. I don't know. Or i'm just simply too depressed. Or maybe there was something wrong with me, getting amazed by a bunch of grandpas, or should I say, amazing grandpas, who have these huge amount of musicality. Or, maybe I am just plain crazy, thinking that middle-aged David Gilmour was hot in the concert.

You're upset because you were born too late, don't you?


I am not upset. I am happy and content of my life right now. Yes, maybe I am upset because I can't see them live, since David said that there will be no concert to the death of Richard Wright. Or getting mesmerized by the lighting in P.U.L.S.E concert and how the tempo of the lightning is exactly matched the songs' tempo, especially when they performed Learning to Fly, and I can't see the fake flying plane, which was explode in the concert, or seeing the faked pig balloons. Or seeing the eye-shaped stage, and seeing them rocking without a second of screaming and jumping around the stage, and being crazy on stage.

But I think knowing their songs and getting addicted by them is enough. Knowing such amazing grandpas are enough. Because I think I wouldn't stand the amount of craziness over them that I would have. For I am worst than my mom.

Learning to Fly

 David Gilmour!


Bonus: Young David Gilmour! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment